3/26/07

A pair of updates

Two updates to previous reviews:

1) Handy Market doesn't make beef ribs every week. They're not very big sellers, apparently, so you just have to cross your fingers. I retried the pork ribs and this time they gave me a much better rack (last time I asked for a small one, which condemned me to a not-so-meaty dry rack) that was juicy and tasty. Hopefully someday I'll be able to try their beef ribs. They looked great when I saw them there.

2) I got a chance to try the burnt-end sandwich from Kansas City BBQ - this is a sandwich made up of all the charred burnt "brownies" from their smoked pork and beef, covered in a sauce and served on a bun. I liked it a lot. It was really flavorful, like a good sloppy joe. Maybe there was a bit too much sauce, but I bet you can just ask for it without. I heartily recommend it for someone who wants just a sandwich/lunch item and doesn't want to engage in a heavier barbecue with bones and stuff.

That is all!

No comments: